Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Post 1, Day 1

Hello dear reader, this is a new blog about news and events in Grand Forks, N.D.

I'm a City Hall reporter at the Grand Forks Herald, the area's main daily newspaper. I write mostly about city politics, taxes and economic development.

Sometimes, when an off-beat story strikes my fancy, I'll take a detour from my usual coverage.

This blog is meant as a kind of supplement to my reporting. I hope to use it to discuss the background of some of the stories I write -- things that don't fit easily in a newspaper story -- and solicit feedback. From time to time, I expect I would go off topic because even news junkies need a break from news.

By the way, full disclosure: I was inspired to put a blog up after reading a couple of blogs by fellow area news junkies, GrandForksGuy and Dakota Huseby. I liked the casual way they and their readers were able to approach topics that I usually cover in a more formal way in my stories.

5 Comments:

Blogger GrandForksGuy said...

It's great to see you get your own blog, Tu-Uyen! I'll put a link to it on my blog later today. I promise I'll be a frequent visitor here!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Tu-Uyen said...

Thanks grandforksguy! I appreciate the support and will, of course, continue to check your blog as well.

I'll get a link to your site up soon.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tu-Uyen, great to see you got a Grand Forks blog up, as well. Will be checking out your blog daily, keep up the good work!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tu-Uyen said...

Welcome jgs. Thanks for the "attaboy"! By the way, since y'all have been blogging longer, if there's any advice to make my blog better, I'd love to hear it.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see another Gf blog. Keep it up!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home