Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I dreamed of Clarence Vetter

The City Beat had some seriously weird dreams last night.

I was walking with my dad on a flooded street that looked a lot like the business loop on U.S. Highway 2 in East Grand Forks.

Of all people, City Council member Clarence Vetter was talking my ears off on the cell phone, going on and on about some machinery he had to bring in to make repairs. Being that I had to make some repairs myself, I was desperate to get Vetter off the line. "Yeah, uh-huh, right, yeah, Clarence, right, right."

First of all, if the laconic-tempered Vetter is talking your ears off, you must be on drugs. Second, I don't know anything about repairing anything, so I must've been on drugs.

Then I was in some classroom teaching algebra to a manic little girl. It was a word problem where you had to figure out how many gorillas you'd have in a month if you had one gorilla and it had a baby a day.

I distinctly remember saying, "Look, it doesn't matter if they're gorillas, I'm just gonna treat them as objects that multiply." What an idiot.

I think I'm going to take it easy today and work on a weekend project instead of blogging so much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to stick to blogging about city issues. This dream stuff opens you up to some unwanted dream analysis.

9:17 PM  
Blogger GrandForksGuy said...

This is kinda scary, Tu-Uyen. My dreams are never that interesting...

1:27 AM  
Blogger Tu-Uyen said...

Just a sign of thinking too hard on one or two issues, I guess.

I used to dream I could speak perfect French when I was in college.

In jr. high, I dreamed I could sing the "rapping" part from that Wild Wild West song by Escape Club.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nyquil and Green Tea do NOT mix my friend!:-/

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home