Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Quickies: Cowan signs off; Herald totally owned

* My old enemy, I mean friend Lori Cowan from WDAZ is signing off tomorrow night. Anchorman Terry Dullum mentioned it in his blog today. Me and Lori used to kinda compete when she covered City Council. She'd say it was no competition but she's cocky like that.

Now I'm "stuck" with Lacey Crisp and that KVLY gal I've never introduced myself to.

* I shoulda mentioned this sooner but the Herald was officially sold to our enemy, I mean friend Forum Communications earlier this week. The paperwork was signed and we bid farewell to Knight-Ridder. The Forum people bought us a cake to welcome us to the company. Awwwwwww.

* Anybody been frolfing? For me, Frisbee golf is one of the more enjoyable part of the summer around here. Here at the City Beat, I try to keep a close eye on city taxes, but the frolf course at Lincoln Park is worth every penny. Way to go city.

8 Comments:

Blogger GrandForksGuy said...

Awww....I'm said to see Lori go. We always seem to lose all of the good ones. No, I'm not implying that there aren't plenty of people at 'DAZ that have been their for years that aren't great (Milo, Terry, Pat, etc.), but the station does seem to often lose people after they've become great anchors/reporters. We'll miss you, Lori.

BTW, who is going to fill Lori's anchor spot? Tami?

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This city needs another frolf course, Lincoln gets way to busy during nice summer days to even bother doing a run. Doesn't Fargo have atleast 3-4 frolf courses? Where's GF other course (besides the old River Side one)?

I would just like another course to frolf on, thats all.

Btw, sad to see Lori go. Good anchor.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Anchors Away

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are no other disc golf courses in Grand Forks. Once the levee system is complete, I believe the Riverside course will return. There was a course Central Park (the best course, by the way), but I don't know if this is even a park anymore. There also was a course in Optimist Park, but the neighbors complained that people were playing and yelling after dark and the course was removed.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Tu-Uyen said...

GFG,
I'm not sure if Tami will replace Lori. Last I heard they were still trying to work that out.
By the way, Lori isn't leaving town. She's just going to law school like she always wanted to.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

I have a story on Lori leaving. You didn't give me the scoop; I was sad.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Tu-Uyen said...

Don't be sad, Rick. I saw it first on Terry's blog. That old goat is fast. Actually, I knew Lori was leaving but forgot which day.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

haha: "old goat"

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home